- I hear the heater. I've never really noticed it (or the air conditioning) before.
- I don't make the bed in the morning, but instead do it about 10 minutes before I get back into it at night. It's my way of tucking myself in. :)
- Jack is completely territorial. When Chris isn't here, he sleeps at the end of the bed...when he is here, Jack sleeps right next to my head in between Chris and I. Hilarious!
- I stink at cooking. I try and try to be creative and plan out my meals for the week but I often end up eating like a toddler...hotdogs, mac 'n cheese, and peanut butter and jelly. I really want a steak!
- Waking up is hard. I like my bed...no, I LOVE my bed!
- This is the first time in my life that I have ever lived by myself (kind of). I know, I know, Sofia is here and Chris comes home on the weekend, but when Sofia goes to bed during the week, it's just me.
- I like quiet. More often than not, the tv stays off at night after Bug goes to bed. With such busy days and non-stop toddler evenings, the lack of stimuli feels nice.
- I miss Chris. He is the love of my life and the one person who truly understands me. He makes me laugh, think and dream. He inspires me in more ways than are even measureable.
- My friends are invaluable and have been so supportive. All my neighbors offered to help when my rear window was smashed on Sunday night. Sofia and I have been to numerous homes for dinner and I have had several cups of coffee delievered to my office on many a tired morning. The way people have just dropped by or called to say hello has meant so much. I am truly blessed.
And I guess that is where I am being led in all of this...I am blessed. Blessed to have a wonderful home, job, husband, daughter and friends. Blessed to come from a strong family. Blessed to be able to take on each day as it comes. Below is a picture that I took on Saturday night at sunset standing in front of my house. THIS is being blessed!