Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Preggo Meggo: Swell Watch 2010

Just hours away from being 20 weeks, I am beginning to feel like the milestones of pregnancy are finally applying to me...
- It's definitely undeniable that I am growing a little person when you look at me now.
- I. Am. Starving.
- Sciatica has set in through my left leg (Super fun!).
- I'm exhausted but can't sleep.
- Hormones? What are those?
- My hair and nails are growing like crazy!



Surprisingly, the swelling in my hands and feet that took place almost immediately during my pregnancy with Sofia has been minimal. In fact, at this point with her, I had already retired my rings and normal shoes. Now, it's no secret that I have, well, some seriously chub-a-riffic fingers. So, when swelling sets in, it's bad. Today, my hands started to feel a little tight, and thus it begins: Swell Watch 2010.


My goal is to make it at least one more month before saying goodbye to beloved jewelry. We'll see how it goes. In the meantime, it's extra water and a continued low-sodium diet for me!

The other swell concern is a little strange. But, to this Greek girl, this concern takes high priority: my nose. During my pregnancy with Sofia, I swear that my face completely transformed with the epicenter being my nose. I think it tripled in size! Seriously. And while it eventually went back to normal, I don't think I will ever shake the feeling that my bigger-than-average schnoz turned GINORMOUS! At this point, I think I'm doing ok. However, if there is anything that I hope doesn't change with the growing of this little bean, it truly is my nose. Keep your fingers crossed!

That's it for now. Our big ultrasound is on Friday afternoon. The event of the day will be finding out if we are having a boy or a girl. When we asked Sofia what she thought I was having, she replied, "How about a girl?!!?" We'll see...

Preggo Meggo Out.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

What a lot happening to you!! It's amazing to think that you're at 20 weeks already---We can't wait to see the first pics of The Least One! Keep us posted on all the latest so we can follow you every step of the way. Love you lots----Sofia's Grandma and Big Grandpa Brian.

Anonymous said...

Thought I'd check your site again and whoopie..........there you are all glowing!

It was a super time with you all on Skype.

Half way to the finish line
You go,girl.

Nain