Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Saturday, May 07, 2011

Day 92: Resilience

Today,both of my kids showed tremendous resilience. How this is possible at such a young age is beyond me.

Nico's surgery was a complete success today and he was such a champ! He came out of anesthesia without a single issue and was flirting with the nurses within moments (so, I'm told by Chris). He was calm and happy all afternoon, not skipping a beat from his normal routine. By the end of the day, we had him in the stroller and were on the way to the park to have a picnic dinner with our neighbors.

This morning, while Nico was in surgery and I was doing two different presentations at work, Sofia's school hosted a Mother's Day breakfast. April "adopted" Sofia for the morning so she wouldn't feel out of place, which I was so appreciative of. When we picked Sofia up from school, she hadn't skipped a beat either. I told her how sorry I was that I couldn't share the special breakfast with her, she simply responded with, "It's okay, Mom. You had work that was very important! I was just fine!"

These two little people are so incredible. I pray with all my heart that they are able to continue tackling life's obstacles with the outlook and ease they do now. Rubber, these kids are. And for this, I am thankful.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Your kids are learning from your powerful model, honey.......and you're right---their resilient attitude will take them a long, long way in life. Love to you all!

Anonymous said...

happy week-end to you guys! bet you are thankful for that as well