Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Sunday, February 25, 2007

1991 called...and it wants its jacket back...


This is just one of the "totally gnarly" jackets from the Rocky Mountains I have seen this year. What really amazes me is the amount of one-piece snow suits I still see. Most of them have also been in "wickedly rad"neon colors.

Here is shot from the top of the "Imperial Bowls" from Peak 7 at Breakenridge. If you remember from last season this lift (Impereal Express) is the tallest lift in North America. This picture is from the top of the back side of this mountain. There is one more run that you have to hike up for about another 300ft to get to. I imagine this is where you hike to with a flag and stand at the top to look out over all of God's beautiful creation and the only thing to say is WOW. Hopefully next time if the snow conditions are good, I'll get up to this peak to experience it firsthand and photograph it for you all to see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you guys that second picture makes me want to come back out and visit you!!! Can we still ski that last weekend in March! Let me know soon, I'm booking my plain ticket tomorrow then. I feel some excitement in the air, its 3am here and I can't sleep, I wish you guys were awake to share my emotions. Penni Style

Anonymous said...

Well, Chris, now you know how to entice Penni to come out for a visit - just post some tantalizing pictures. I'm glad you posted the first picture too so that we know my 1990s style pink ski jacket and pants are back! (Propably not the wild hat though.)
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm totally jealous that you live there right now! Those pictures are b-e-a-utiful!!! And i still love those one-piece snow suits! They're the warmest:)

Love you guys...