Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Monday, February 19, 2007

DDR, Mirrors and the Hallelujah Chorus

What better way is there to blow off the stress of a crazy week than with a little DDR? For those of you who don't know, DDR stands for Dance Dance Revolution, an interactive dance game for Play Station 2. Chris and I bought it for each other for Christmas and have had a TON of fun with it. (Hey, I never claimed that Chris and I weren't nerdy.) Not only can this game make you feel totally incapable of dancing while you laugh hysterically, but it also has a workout mode that can potentially kick your butt! It's a riot and Friday night we broke the game out and even got Sofia involved. :)

Sofia has been changing so much every day! This weekend she discovered the wonderful world of mirrors and couldn't get enough of herself in them. She is also working hard on sitting up. She was trying so hard this morning that she farted! I haven't laughed that hard at her yet. She has her 4 month check-up this afternoon, so we'll see how much she's grown and what to expect in the next few months as far as her development is concerned.

I have today and tomorrow off because of President's Day and it couldn't have come at a better time. Feeling more exhausted each day, I was really looking forward to a long, 4-day weekend. I had no idea, however, that Sofia would be so willing to cooperate with my need for rest. This morning I woke up to the sound of the Hallelujah Chorus playing in my head because SOFIA FINALLY SLEPT THROUGH THE ENTIRE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!! It looks like those nightly pep talks finally paid off! :) Hopefully this becomes a trend and waking up 2 and 3 times a night will become a thing of the past. PLEASE keep your fingers crossed.

Enjoy the latest pictures!









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sofia honestly looks like the perfect mixture of the both of you. I don't think she looks like either one of you more than the other!...Let's just hope she doesn't have the Michaels' hands! She's growing into such a beautiful girl already. I'm the luckiest Aunt ever.

Anonymous said...

one of my coworkers has DDR and he stapled his mats to thin plywood to make the mats easier to work with... just an idea.

i heart sofia and wish I could see her soon!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are just too good!! The mirror stuff cracks me up. You guys have such a great family! We miss you soooo much!!