Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Monday, December 24, 2007

Ya Mon, I'm Back (With a Sofia Montage Too!)

I'm back from Jamaica and not a moment too soon. My trip to the Caribbean for my best friend's wedding was simply delightful. We had so much fun, relaxed A TON, danced like crazy, ordered many a Jamaican Smile (our drink of the week), relieved memories and made many new ones. It truly was a trip I will never forget!
The weather in Jamaica was great - sunny every day, 86 and breezy. Just close your eyes and you can feel it. :) We stayed at the Sandals resort in Whitehouse, about 1 1/2 hours from Montego Bay. The resort was packed with amenities - I almost felt guilty! My other BFF (yeah, that's right...bringin' the BFF back thanks to Kate!) Kate and I shared a room for the week. For those of you who don't know, Sandals is a couples only resort - as a result, Kate and I were literally THE ONLY two people at the resort NOT a couple. This made us pretty famous and really fast. The question of the week was, Are they or aren't they? We had a good laugh!
Marissa and Brad's wedding was so beautiful. I wouldn't have imagined their wedding any other way - soft island breeze, flowers in the garden everywhere, an intimate ceremony, great music - it was perfect. I have never seen Marissa so happy and she looked absolutely stunning. It was so special to be able to share in such a joyous occasion.
Needless to say, when it was time to leave, I was sad but excited to get home to my hubby and child. I missed them so much while I was gone! While we were waiting at the airport to come home, we noticed that time was very quickly going by and our airplane was nowhere to be seen. We ended up not leaving until almost an hour and a half after we were supposed to! As a result, I missed my connection to Denver and couldn't come home! I was so upset. Luckily, Kate and Zach waited at O'Hare while I made arrangements to fly on standby the next day and then took me to their house to get some shut eye. At 4 a.m. the next morning, Zach graciously got up and drove me all the way back to the airport. Riding on standby wasn't so bad - I only ended up having to wait a little over 4 hours before catching a flight. I was home by noon and giving hugs all around.

We've been busy since my return finishing up Christmas shopping and gift making, cleaning the house and playing with Sofia. In fact, we couldn't pass up the opportunity to share some of her latest tricks. Check out our Godzilla-Roaring, Horse-Riding, Peek-A-Boo Princess in the video below. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I hardly know what to say first! The wedding really did look beautiful, and it was amazingly kind that you and Kate did that for Marisa.
About Sofia----I can't believe she already "gets" the humor in Godzilla and peek-a-boo! Did you know that humor is highly correlated with giftedness? :-)
She obviously has superior intellect! How could she miss with the two of you as parents!
Love you lots,
Mom

Andrea said...

Megs-so glad you made it back home safely. I missed being there with you girls so much!
Have a wonderful Christmas.

Anonymous said...

ggram
Wiven th the extra activity over Christmas, I have only played the video three times. I love the way Sofia has the sounds of speech even tho she doesn't really talk........yet.
Clint has arrived to view the show.

Merry Christmas and HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Zach said...

great pictures. thanks for being my honey's date!