Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Monday, August 18, 2008

So Sleepy

...but can't sleep. I hate that. It is almost 1 a.m. and my mind won't stop racing. I am so jealous of those people who can fall asleep whenever, wherever (eh hem, CHRIS!). Every night Chris and I get into bed, chit chat, laugh at something stupid the other person did during the day, get up to check on Sofia one last time, maybe watch a little tv and then hit the lights. Without fail, Chris is asleep in about 45 seconds FLAT. Me - not so much. Suddenly, when the lights go out around me, my brain decides it is time to begin solving the problems of the world. I'm hoping that a cure for cancer or how to obtain world peace will one day run its way across my little head.

It's never too late to hope...literally!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just hate it when that ole brain keeps going and your body needs it's rest!!!! I am so sorry as I am sure that both Chris and Sophia will need you later on not to mention that new position!!!!! Good luck!
Aunt Connie

Anonymous said...

you just like to watch me in my slumber...stalker...

Anonymous said...

I can completely sympathize, in all areas! Stephen falls asleep in seconds flat and that's about the time my brain decides to run through every little issue sitting on my desk or anything I might be thinking of doing to our house. I wish there was an off switch! I'm happy to hear someone else has the same problem, but not happy because I know the agony of not sleeping! Here's to hoping for happy sleep! :)

Anonymous said...

Chris gets that from his Grandfather Daniel - that man could sleep in the middle of a hurricane!

Anonymous said...

Although I can fall asleep when ever I want due to my job... I can feel your pain on the weekends... Sunday nights are always hard for me. Hmmmm maybe its cause I sleep all day sunday... never the less its another case of the mondays... PS make sure your husband gives you a back rub and a warm glass of milk be for bed!
Penni

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with gpa about Grandfather Daniel. He truly could sleep anywhere and through almost anything! He was amazing with that particular skill.
Aunt Connie