Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Moment Is All It Takes To Fall In Love

There they were, snuggled face-to-face, in a sea of pillows and blankets. Their skin looked like porcelain and their lips the perfect shade of pink. Breathing softly, Nico and Sofia were so peaceful. Suddenly, I felt guilty for being upset that they had woken Chris and I up in the early hours of the morning. Seeing them so delicate, so perfect, in the early morning light made me realize that sometimes, we all just need a good snuggle with Mom and Dad.

This morning I was given a reason to pause and fall in love with my children all over again in just a single moment. And for this, I am thankful.


***On a side note, I contemplated taking a picture but didn't dare risk waking them in their adorable state.***

1 comment:

Daddio said...

Amen Mommy. I shared the same thoughts but you were right there with them. I am a lucky dude.