Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Wednesday, May 02, 2012

I Might As Well Take It

I'm the world's WORST patient. I hate going to the doctor. I hate taking medicine. I hate taking days off work to rest. I hate everything about being sick. The problem is, when other people are sick, I have no problem offering advice (read: being bossy to my husband) as to what they should do.

Today though, I finally reached a point where I realized that if I was going to dish out demands for others, I needed to be able to take them as well. I have been feeling progressively worse over the last week and today was no exception. After encouragement (for the umpteenth time!) from Chris to call the doctor and a breathing vitals check by our school nurse, I finally made the call.

Good thing too. I ended up having an ear infection, a sinus infection AND bronchitis! I'm good to go on antibiotics for a while!

Today I learned a lesson about being stubborn and listening to others. I need these reality checks every once in a while. And for this, I am thankful.

No comments: