Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Monday, May 28, 2012

A Rambling of Sorts

I've had a lot to be thankful for lately...

It's, of course, Memorial Day. This day always makes me think of our family and friends who so bravely and honorably have fought for what our country stands for. We owe so much to our service members and veterans and should be grateful for them more than once a year, if you ask me.

School's winding down, the weather is getting better by the day and the thought of summer just around the corner makes me want to squeal!

The kids and I are heading to Michigan in the end of June for our annual summer trip. I'm stoked! This year, I decided not to be crazy and drive cross country on my own with two squirrelly young ones....for all our sanity! It won't be the same without Chris but we're coming up with all kinds of creative ways to be sure he is included in our adventures.

I finished my mom's new website. Check it out if you're interested...it's pretty cool, if I do say so myself. :)  www.debbiemcfalone.com. The cool part is that it went ON THE DAY SHE GRADUATED with her Ph.D.!! She is officially Dr. Debbie McFalone and we are all so, so proud of her!

I attended a few graduation open houses this weekend of former students. It is always such an honor when kids who I haven't taught for 4 years want to share such a momentous occasion with me. I love meeting their families, seeing their friends and running into other students that I haven't seen in years. It definitely is a proud moment to see them all becoming so successful, confident young adults.

I've stunk at writing regularly lately, I know. On the other hand, I'm kind of OK with it. My days have been jammed-packed from 4:30 a.m. wake-ups to 11 p.m. flops into my pillow. I am constantly striving to strike a balance in my life...and for the last few weeks, the balance has swung in a different direction.

But, I'm back. :) And for this, I am thankful!

And for your Memorial Day pictorial enjoyment, take a look at my adorable, slip 'n sliding kids!




No comments: