Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Passport to Snow

The weekends equal ritual between the Daniel and McSkimmin households. We rarely see a Saturday or Sunday without sharing a meal or spending time together. This weekend was no different. Yesterday, Matt, Stacey, Chris, Sofia and I headed out to the foothills where our friends Rob and Sarah live. They recently moved here from Ohio and are (of course) Ohio State fans. MSU played OSU yesterday, so we had so much fun watching the game (and Sofia in her MSU cheerleading gear) together. MSU put up a good fight, but let's be honest here, Ohio State is just waaaaay better. We hung around for a while longer to then watch the Cleveland v. Boston game 6. As the game progressed, our Denver weather took a weird turn. The temperature began to drop...and drop...and DROP! This is what we woke up to the next morning!



We had to laugh when we saw the snow because it reminded us of a comedian that we saw at Comedy Works when we first moved here. He said...
"Denver is America's best kept secret! The average temperature here is like 65 degrees yearround. Yet, when I told my buddies I was coming out here they told me that I was brave. I said, 'Why do you say that?' They responded with visions of cross-country skiing to the grocery store, wearing mucklucks from the car to the house, fur-trimmed hats, and snow mobiles and cat-crawlers as the only method for transport."

The crowd was rolling in the isles because this guy was SO right. However, when it is October 21 and we get 2 inches of snow and have national coverage because of the Sunday night football game and World Series-bound baseball team, it's no wonder that people think Denver is completely snowbound.

Anyway, moving on...
As some of you may know, I am heading to Jamaica in mid-December for my best friend, Marissa's wedding. Needless to say, I am sooooooooo excited!! Tonight, as I was cleaning up around the house and filing some items away, I decided to pull all my Jamaica stuff out and put it in a special envelope so that I wouldn't lose any of it. In the envelope I also put my passport. I started to giggle as I put it in there because I was 18 in my picture and look so young. I showed it to Chris who promptly responded, "Yeah, you finally look older than that. It took you forever!" I'm not quite sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Either way, we had a good laugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!..that is an awesome picture! It reminds me of our Europe trip...love you guys. Hope you have an awesome week:)

p.s. I want to see some pigtail pictures of Sofia!

Anonymous said...

Let the snow begin! Just keep it out there - we've had great weather on the week-ends and i hope they continue. Go Rockies!!