Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

It's no secret that I am desperately in love (still!) with my husband of 5 years next week. I'm not sure that God could have designed a better match. He is my everything. :)

Watching Chris over the past 2+ years be a father to Sofia has drawn me back over and over to the first moments that I realized I was in love with him. To see his tenderness, commitment, humor and unyielding love toward Sofia simply melts my heart. Chris is an incredible father. Period.

I think often back to the days when I was a young girl and Father's Day would come around. I would think and plan and think some more about what the gift would be the perfect one. I wanted my dad to LOVE it! Most of the time, my sister and I would decide on a tie (which we would paint on...another story for another time) and then watch, barely holding ourselves together as my dad opened his long awaited gift. Without fail, my dad would make the hugest deal over his gift telling us it was the "best one yet!" and my sister and I would giggle with glee. We had done it!

Sofia is still a little too young to plan her daddy's Father's Day, but I did teach her how to say "Happy Father's Day!" to Chris without him knowing. This morning, I pulled the secretly stashed cards out from under the bed, gave them to Sofia and sent her into the other room where Chris was sitting. As she handed him the cards she said, "Happy Fawdder's Day, Daddy!". Chris looked so stunned and the smile that grew on his face was incomparable to any other he had shown as a father. I was immediately propelled back to being a little girl...but this time, Sofia had done it! This really was the "best one yet"!

To all the men in my life, Dad, Brian, David and Chris, THANK YOU for being such an inspiration to what fathers can be. You are so loved. :)

5 comments:

Daddio said...

Tear! Last Thursday I helped Jon & Liz Deliver some furniture and when the boys met Meg, Sofia and Liz over at thier place. Sofia saw me and kept yelling, "Look! It's My Daddy, it's MY Daddy!" I am so proud of her every day achivements and her striving to become such and independent little lady. I new this fatherhood thing would be fun, but never this fun! Thanks Meg and Sofia for making me such a happy Father!

GPA said...

That was a really great posting Meg! I think it is wonderful that you two have the relationship you have. Keep the love growing!

Lindsey said...

beautiful post, meghan. and congrats, bro, on being a great father. love you all. LKD

Momma Mia said...

Double tear!! The reading on the airplane photo says it all, doesn't it. We always knew you'd be a terrific father, Chris. It is so much fun to see (OK, mostly hear) your delight in each new thing. Thanks to both of you for sharing so many little vignette's with us. We love them.
~Momma Mia

Anonymous said...

I had a big day, even had lunch w/ a pal in Willmar.

Reading your post and the comments was heart warming.

So now I think I'll take a beach towel 2 bed and catch my tears of
HAPPINESS!!


Blessing on y'all