Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

So here's where we're at...

Last week was rough! Sofia and I both had the stomach flu AND it was the last week of school for students and teachers. By the time Friday hit, I was so excited, I could hardly stand it. Granted, I still have a few days left at work to wrap up odds and ends, but hey, a Friday is a Friday!

We had a really great weekend. On Saturday, we did dorky stuff around the house, hung out in our pajamas until late in the morning, went for a walk, took naps and then had an awesome impromptu dinner with our friends Matt, Linda and Lilly. It was just one of those days where I truly enjoyed the company we had in one another and our friends.

On Sunday, after having a bite to eat in the morning, we decided to head over to the mall so Sofia could play on the giant bananas, bacon strips, eggs and waffles and we could do a little browsing. We seriously have not gone to a mall in forever! It felt so foreign. We didn't have anything in particular we were shopping for...just wasting time. It was fun!

Once we got back, it was time to get to work. Sofia went down for her nap and I got down to writing. In week 2 of my PhD program, I was already writing an 11 page paper! So, I sat down at my cool new desk that my hubby built for me, and wrote. And wrote. Oh yeah, and wrote some more. 6 hours later, done!

This program has certainly reawakened my scholarly sense. I really forgot how much I love being a student. So dorky, I know! But, it's true. I love being challenged by my classmates and I particularly love the format of online learning. There are some really cool aspects (i.e. one of my books is on a DVD) about it all that I will be sure to share in the near future.

That's all for now. We'll be sure to update soon when there is actually something worthwhile to talk about. Love to you all.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I finally got that dinner @ Red Lobster! King Snow Crab and coconut shrimp, mmm...