Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Sunday, January 08, 2012

Day 336: Curtain Rising

I'd be lying if I didn't say that I hope my children would find some kind of love for the performing arts as I did. Thus today, I found myself nervous as Sofia took her first step toward this love when she began her first ballet class. She has wanted to take ballet for over a year. We finally gave in over Christmas and Santa brought her enrollment into her first class. She was ecstatic and as she stepped into the studio today, she was no different.

I watched her on closed circuit television from the parents' waiting room with the delight. She followed directions easily and was surprisingly graceful as she glided back and forth across the floor. She had so much fun and was beaming when her teacher brought her out at the end of the class. Whether this class is followed by years of study and performance or sudden change to soccer, I don't care. Just seeing my daughter smile bigger than she ever has was good enough for me.

And for this, I am thankful.

No comments: