Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 340: Pancakes Make Everything Better

I was off today. After being gone for a day from my classroom, I felt like I was playing catch-up with my students and trying to push them forward at the same time. I continually ran out of supplies for my lab, misplaced items I needed for instruction, forgot my train of thought and even broke two pieces of glassware. I just couldn't seem to catch my stride. On top of it all, my head still ached and my stomach was upset from yesterday's doozy of a migraine. Yeah, I'm totally having a pity party.

But then it was time for dinner. Pancakes. Pancakes for dinner can make any difficult, out-of-sync, tiring day seem just right again. Even better are pancakes made by my husband and daughter in the shape of hearts and stars because "they're so much more fun to eat"! :)

Pancakes are good...in so many ways. And for this, I am thankful.

1 comment:

Rob said...

On occasion we tell our boy Jack he was named after pancakes! (flapJacks)