Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Monday, January 09, 2012

Day 338: Super Sleuth

I consider myself to be fairly resourceful. I'm an internet searching guru and if I don't know an answer to something, it doesn't take me long to find it - internet or otherwise. Sometimes though, I just get tired and don't have the time to do all the necessary digging.

Sofia's ballet studio has a dress code which requires her to wear a white leotard with pink tights. The first few classes they don't mind what is worn, but they encourage the dress code as soon as possible. I had searched around for the proper attire prior to her class beginning and came up empty handed. I knew that the studio store would sell them and decided to check them out when we arrived on Saturday. My heart sank when I saw they were $30. Seriously?!?! $30 for a piece of stretchy fabric that my kid is only going to wear for God knows how long?

I didn't buy it. I was determined to find something cheaper. Or, should I say, my sister was determined! A former dancer herself, she went into to super searching aunt mode tonight and called me up to tell me that she found an online dancewear company and would be sending Sofia not one, but TWO white leotards for $20! Woo hoo!

I guess resourcefulness runs in the family! It was so nice to not have to be the one to do all the digging this time. Thanks, Sis. For your super sleuth skills, I am thankful!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dance attire is SOOO expensive! I try to get Hannah's stuff at Once Upon a Child or garage sales for the following year. I do buy her ONE new outfit when we go school shopping in the fall. Gulp! Good for your sister - can't wait to see pics!