Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Survivin'

Geez. Where does the time go?

Just a quick note to let you know we are still alive and kickin'. It's the middle of the night...yet another night of sleeplessness and filling the time by grading papers. Cue sarcasm: I am thrilled by how well my students copied and pasted the answers to their essays from the Internet. Did I REALLY have to write in the directions NOT to do that after I had already had a HUGE discussion about plagiarism? Have they not heard of GOOGLE and my ability to type sentences in?!?!???!?!??! Argh. At least I know what I need to fix for next time.

We have been back in the mountains utilizing our passes again. Two weeks ago we hit up Breckenridge...literally the COLDEST day of our life! We had a great time though and both overcame some serious slopes! :) Last weekend we headed back to Keystone where I tried out my new snowboard...yes, you read that right! Thanks to a mid-season sale and a pretty great husband, I got set up with a great new snowboard and all the gear. I love it! My students think I am so cool.

Last weekend, we also went to Comedy Works, a local, yet very popular, comedy club here in Denver. Chris and I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. The three men who performed were phenomenal!! One of the comics talked particularly about the misconception that the rest of the country has about Colorado: It's cold, we live in igloos, ski to the store and use our muklucks to get around when we don't have skis. Fit any of your stereotypes? The crowd was hysterical...the average temp this winter has been in the high 50's! Snow is only in the mountain, folks! We went to the show with a group of my work buddies and then hit up Mongolian BBQ for some serious grilling afterwards. It was a great day!

Chris has been doing fabulously. The positive compliments have started to roll in at work for him as of late. It has been so great to see him come home so pumped up and feeling good about the job he is doing. He is such a hard worker!!

This weekend I am throwing a bachelorette party for my friend Lee-Ann. This is the first time that a lot of my "Denver friends" have been over to our place. I haven't been a hostess in a long time! Yikes! Chris and I cleaned up this past weekend and got most everything ready...no, he won't be in attendance, but was kind enough to help me prep. :) I am really looking forward to having a girls night out. Should be fun!!

Alright...back to grading...

pics to come

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Meggie, how cool to have your buddies over for the party! I know it'll be great. Enjoy the time, and know that women friends are wonderful to have over the years!
Love, Mom