Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Sunday, July 29, 2007

A Dual Point of View

From Daddio:
So, we went to check on Sofia before we went to bed (as we do every night) and we discovered a shocking surprise! Sofia was sleeping in the infamous "high hiney" pose that my sister made famous in our family back when we were kids. We couldn't pass up this photo opportunity which caused us to write this post.

Today's main laughter was caused by a game of peek-a-boo involving Sofia, the leather ottamen and me. Her laugh was coming straight from the belly which caused her to lose her balance and fall over. A similar effect took place with Meg and I.

From Mama:
Alright, I have tried over and over to think of something to say...however, my thoughts are interrupted by various songs playing on iTunes, my husband plucking the grey hairs out of my head, and my grumbling tummy from the sour milk that I accidently had in my cereal today...

We were lucky to have Chris home today to spend some family time. We had lunch with some friends at one of our favorite restaurants (Lola) where Sofia was, of course, the star of the show. She seems to have discovered a new range of her voice...the scream. She let out a scream followed by a giant two-toothed smile which caused the head chef and his crew to erupt in laughter in their open kitchen near our table. Hmmm, we may need to work on some alternatives for expressing excitement. :)

Chris, Sofia and Layla all snored today during naps. I love having this kind of ammo. hehehe

And here come the photos...


The high hiney position caught on film! How is her form Aunt Lindsey?


No, we haven't become vegetarians. We made homemade babyfood! ...and don't worry, Chris did a cost/ounce comparison to make sure that it was completely worth the labor, water and electricity. Check your local bookstores for cookbooks out in time for Christmas.


"Look at my nice tan from sitting at the pool all day," said Chris. "And, oh yeah, look at my new glasses." I punched him. :)


"I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is." ~Zoolander.
P.S. I am really proud of my two new teeth. Don't forget to click on the picture to get a close-up of them!


"Has anyone seen my pacifier? I've had my fill of fiber for the day."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep - looks just like Lindsey! I don't know what that butt up in the air means, but it might have something to do with " Hot Air Rising!" The tan looks really good - you are so lucky to have those pools!

Anonymous said...

i clicked to get a close-up of those toofens:) she's such a doll face.

Anonymous said...

What an absolute doll!!! Miss you all and love you lots,
Mom Debbie

The Ekloves said...

What an amazing smile...and what a happy baby! You two are definitely doing something right!!! Everyone looks so happy in your pictures!

Anonymous said...

I hope Sofia outgrows that position before her first sleep-over! Good job on the baby food, Meg. Thanks for the phone call Sunday so I could hear her babble and shriek. It really tugs at my heart. This long-distance grandparenting is for the birds!
Loved the description of the belly laugh = lost balance.

XXOX Momma Mia

Anonymous said...

love the little dress.and I also found the pearly teeth.

Your blog makes my day.

Thanks again and again.

nain

Kate D said...

Is it possible that Sofia just got cuter!?

Aunt Judes said...

So proud of you from making the baby food. "Back in the day"I followed the Adele Davis plan to make ice cube trays of pureed beans, bananas, applesauce,etc...and look how great Nick and Ang turned out :)
Love you and miss you lots, Aunt Judes