Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Simplicity

Life can take over if we let it. Today, as I was running errands, I found myself feeling anxious and stressed about various things going on and soon to come. My grip tightened on the steering wheel, I got frustrated with other drivers and then a little giggle from the back seat caught my attention. I checked the mirror to see what Sofia was up to. Sitting in her car seat, Sofia was happy as a clam as she chewed on her seatbelt. Stress gone.

P.S. Layla got her tubes taken out today. She is back to her old self again and has already taken up to chasing the cat up and down the stairs. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is amazing what children can make you forget isn't it? Especially grandchildren!
Aunt Connie

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're keeping the right perspective,Meg! Remember, worry never makes tomorrow better, it simply takes the joy from today!
I wish you joy and peace, and you can be sure you and Chris are always in my prayers. Check out Phillipians 4:4 :-)
Love you lots and lots,
Mom

southern daze said...

While I don't have the blessing of a baby in my backseat, I do know how the simple pleasures of life can quickly remind us to relax and enjoy. I sometimes find myself so worked up that I'm clenching my teeth and the joy has vanished from my face. Not a great way to spend the day! Luckily small joys find their way into my life and I'm able to see how silly I'm being. If only we could always remember that and never get that worked up!

BTW - I love, love, love your mom's quote about "worry." I think I may need to adopt that as my mantra! Please thank her for sharing that with us!

Anonymous said...

So sweet. What a great reminder for all of us. Sofia is such a sweetie and brings much joy to so many people.

Anonymous said...

I want to hear Sofia giggle!