Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Friday, September 26, 2008

Can You Catch Us?

We have officially entered the fall "speed zone".

Normal Routine: up at 5 a.m. (or before), to work soon after, home by 5:30, PLAY until 7, Sofia in bed at 7:30, sit back down to do work, in bed by 10. Repeat until Friday with various evening activities interspersed.

Speed Zone: Normal Routine + Crazy Weekend Adventures for the next 4 weeks

Let me explain. It all began last weekend when we were watching our friend Matt participate in his first triathalon. It was beautiful outside and so much fun to support him! We were up early and headed to the course around 8. On our way there, we received a call from Jaffer, Chris's sister's boyfriend. He was driving cross country with some of his buddies and would be hitting Denver around dinnertime. Did we want to get together? Absolutely! SO, we watched Matt, had lunch with him, Stacey & the girls, the boys took the kids so Stacey and I could do some shopping and then it was time to get cleaned up for dinner. We headed downtown so the boys could meet. Sofia and I only stayed for a drink because she was a bit antsy for the place we were at. While the boys ate, I headed to my friend Dawn's house and hung out (later going back to pick up Chris and bring him back to Dawn's as well). It was a super fun day. End Saturday.

Sunday, we got up and headed off to church. Going to church has been such a great outlet lately as I have been singing in a gospel trio with two of my friends. We have such a blast and the music we have been doing is amazing! It feels great to be singing again. :) We sang at the 8:45 service and then I stayed for the 11:00 service to sing a song during a baptism. After church, BRONCOS! We had some fun family time watching our favorite team and wound down the weekend. End Sunday.

Insert Normal Routine.

And now, here we go. Can you keep up with us? I am now typing from a beautiful hotel room in Vail. Chris is here on a conference and Sofia and I got to tag along! The weather is beautiful and aspen trees are changing color. It is quite surreal. We will return Sunday only to rev it up for a crazy-busy week, as usual for the both of us. Chris is winding up his job up in Lafeyette and has done a stellar job. He has gotten nothing but acolades for his work. He has grown so much in the past year with his company. I am so proud of him!

On Thursday night, my mom comes for the weekend. Woo hoo! Next weekend, our friends Jen and Randal are getting marriend. I am singing two songs in their wedding AND doing Jen's hair! The following weekend, Chris's dad will be coming for a visit and there is a forecast of some MAJOR golfing on the itinerary. We can't wait!

Needless to say, life is busy. Sofia is fabulous as usual. She seems to grow and learn something new every day. I just love being her mom. :)

That's all for now. We will be sure to post some pics of our weekend in Vail.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Golly, I think I need to nap after reading your schedule!!

Sooo busy!

Dick is going to a special rehab program and might return to Redwood Falls Mn after that. To those who prayed for him after the mororcycle accident, thanks so much.

Take care and I love reading your posts.

gkt

southern daze said...

I'm out of breath just reading your schedule!

Anonymous said...

If you weren't that busy it would drive you crazy! I don't know where you find the energy - I can remember waking up and being ready to go - that was about 20 years ago - now poor Mary can barely get a "Good-bye, have a nice day" from me in the morning - very sad on my part.