Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Monday, July 24, 2006

March On, Penguins. March On.

In sticking with our arctic movie theme of the past few weeks, we finally caught up with the rest of the world and rented March of the Penguins yesterday. Chris and I found ourselves completely enthralled by these emporer penguins as they marched more than 70 miles (in a straight line nonetheless) to bear the Antarctic winter, find love and create life. With adventure, triumph and tragedy, this movie had it all. It was great and thoroughly cooling! :) A definite must-see if you haven't already done so.

Speaking of movies...I always forget that living in such a large city often presents itself with odd movie making/modeling moments that one wouldn't typically see. Living right downtown for the past year, there were lots of these moments - an entire chunk of an independent film was filmed just one block from us in late fall!

Living just outside the city, however, I figured that those moments had long passed us by. This was until I remembered that our eerily-perfect-design-of-a-neighborhood was designed by the same people who developed Seaside, Florida, home of the Jim Carey movie The Truman Show. Every detail of this neighborhood was very clearly thought out and executed. There is a fountain just where one would look great, parks, paths, the right color house, and so on. Creepy yet very cool at the same time. Needless to say, I have seen countless modeling and filmmaking moments thus far in our few months in Stapleton. Just this morning as I headed to the coffee shop to "work on my research class homework" I passed yet another modeling moment: A perfect looking couple in front of the perfect looking house. My hair is wet, curly, messy and I'm not quite sure if my outfit matches. Hmmm. I don't think I will be asked on a walk-by to stand in for one of the beauties any of these days.

That's it for now, I suppose. I have effectively wasted 32 minutes since I arrived at Einstein Bros. Cafe where I came to do homework. Hey, at least the name on the door is associated with academia, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We want pics of preggy meggy! We want pics of preggy meggy!!