Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

I love Mother's Day weekend. Not only does my husband always make me feel like a queen, but I love that during one day each year, I can feel connected to women all over the world in such a unique way. :) Here's a glimpse into the past few days...

With my classes beginning in just two shorts weeks (YIKES!), Chris got to work on building me a custom desk so that I could have my own space to ready, write and study. It is sooooooo cool! We designed it together and Chris built it from scratch! Once he installed it, we painted it. It was a total team effort and so much fun to do together. The best part is that the desk is a complete space-saver as well! When not in use, it just folds right down against the wall.

Now you see it... Now you don't!


And, this is what I will be looking at while I am studying...

This BEAUTIFUL, white lilac tree right outside the window of the stairwell!

Sofia has had a little bit of a difficult time sleeping the last few months. About twice a week, she walks into our room around 3 a.m. Half the time, I wake up to her staring right at me from the side of the bed! This was the card I opened up from Chris this morning and it couldn't have been any more appropriate...
It says, Lately, I feel like something's come between us.
On the inside, it said, I'm cool with that. Happy Mother's Day from the other side of the bed. It was PERFECT! :)

My gift this year for Mother's Day was getting to choose and plant flowers for our house. The three of us went to the coolest nursery to pick out flowers. We spent almost an hour and a half just going up and down the isles, smelling and feeling all the beautiful blooms. Sofia particularly loved the coy pond. :) It was SUCH a fun way to spend the morning after church. Here's what we ended up doing around the house...


Yup! We planted everything ourselves! It's the little things that make you feel so grown up. :)


We also picked up the Topsy Turvy Tomato Plant. It is a tomato plant that you grow upside-down! We are growing cherry tomatoes and bell peppers from it. I will post a picture of it soon simply because it is hilarious!

And, of course....what post would be complete without a picture of Sofia displaying her personality that is emerging more and more each day.


Happy Mother's Day to all the women in our lives who have touched us in so many ways. We love each and every one of you!

7 comments:

Daddio said...

Thank you to our friends nad family members who called to wish Meg a Happy Mother's Day. She really appreciated it. It was a lovely family day and another reminder how lucky we are. Keep the comments coming people!!!

GPA said...

The desk and the plants are really cool! Sounds like you really had a Great Mother's Day!

Momma Mia said...

Glad you got your little desk set up. It turned out really well. The pot looks good too, with the additional flowers lining the walk by the door. I can just tell you are going to have a great garden in your next house. Won't we have fun with that!! Chris, you pick out the best cards!
XXOX, M

Debbie said...

Your plants look great, and the teamwork that goes into your projects is what means so much.

Love to all three of you,
Debbie

LindseyandJaffer said...

loving your teamwork and handiness! Glad you had a great Mother's Day!

Andrea said...

Tom got me the same card!! Ha! He wrote that even though it's just my belly that's in between us, it still makes it tougher to cuddle and hug! Isn't that hilarious that you and I got the same card?! :)
Beautiful flowers! I need to get my butt in gear and get some flowers planted at my home!

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Day......and I am so happy you got a place to study!!Chris, You amaze me with wood-working!

My house is full of flowers from birthday and Mothers Day, nice and warm from Mn weather!!We need to wait a couple weeks before planting outside. Envy you your weather.

Love you
Gram