Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Day 33: Jigsaw in Heels

If there's one thing my dad taught me growing up, it was how to make my way around a tool box. We spent a lot of time fixing things up, remodeling, tinkering, and taking things apart just to put them back together. As a result, I don't have a fear of tools or what to do if something breaks.

As mentioned in this post, Chris built me amazing frames for our Hole In The Wall assembly that is coming up on Monday. Today, I took the styrofoam to the library, where my good friends, Linda and Kristen, traced my body in wacky positions. From there, we wheeled the eight 4 x 8 sheets down to the applied tech lab where there is a wood shop.

Taking out my (well, Chris's) jigsaw, I went to town! My co-worker, Mike was astonished that I knew how to handle a saw -- and with either hand, for that matter. It was pretty funny. In the end, we ended up with what is going to be a FANTASTIC game for the teachers to compete in and the kids to laugh at.

I used a saw in heels today. Yup. For this, I am thankful. :)

I'll post pics of the final product soon.

No comments: