Ever have just "one of those days"? Well, today was a definite banner day for me! It started by hitting the snooze button SIX too many times so that I had just enough time to throw on a hat, some jeans and a t-shirt and run across the street to Fluid. And so, the morning routine began with the brewing of coffee, the distribution of papers, and setting up of the pastery case. It looked like things were going to be okay despite the rough start. That is, until...
(1) Three customers showed up before we were actually ready to be open throwing off the rest of our opening procedure
(2) I managed to explode an entire canister of milk as I was frothing it for a latte
(3) I slipped behind the counter and almost landed flat on my derriere
(4) In a rush to complete a series of orders, I knocked over a blender filled with mocha chiller smoothie and it spilled all over the counter, refrigerator door, and floor. Cool.
and a whopping finish to my time at Fluid...
(5) I got addressed as ma'am!! Not once, but 3 TIMES!!!!! I was seriously in shock. Ma'am?????? I'm 24!!!!!!!
Argh. Good thing each day is a new day. Don't forget to root for the Pistons tonight!