Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 17: Folded

I hate folding laundry. And when I say hate, I mean HATE. Thus today, when I looked at our bed covered in piles of clothes needing to be folded and repacked for the trip back down the mountain, all I could do was moan. I hate folding laundry.

I moved the piles from the bed to the couch. Turned on a movie while the girls played and began to sort, fold and pile. It took me nearly 90 minutes, but I finished. Neat little piles all holding their own organizational purpose. I like organizing.

Before I knew it, all our clothes were repacked and put away by the door for loading in the car tomorrow. The biggest chore of our bi-weekly travel done. Done! And, it was only 11am. Woo hoo!

Now, as I sit typing this, barely awake mind you, all I can do is feel a sigh of relief as look at my bedroom to see it clean and my bed awaiting me -- empty of clothes. I can go to sleep with nothing left on my agenda for the day. For this, I am thankful.

No comments: