Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Monday, February 07, 2011

Day 4: "The Video"

When I was 7th grade, a few of my girlfriends and I began creating a video diary. It was filled with total nonsense -- nonsense that continued until we were seniors in high school. When we graduated, my friend Andrea took the time to edit and copy our 5-year diary for each of us within our circle of friends. The title on the VHS (yes, VHS) was simply, "The Video".  The tape was placed in a box decorated by her and filled with pictures, letters, cards and other items she had collected throughout our friendship. It was extremely special. That box held a prominent place in my many dorm rooms and apartments as I made my journey through college and early adulthood. Any time, and I mean any time, that I was feeling down, all I had to do was pop in "The Video" and I was good to go for weeks!

While cleaning out my closet the other day, I came across my special box filled with memories. It brought tears to my eyes. I am SO incredibly fortunate to have been blessed with the friendship of these women who once walked in stride with me during our awkward and OH SO FUN teenage years. Now, 17 years later, we are still in-step despite our distance from one another. They have each grown to be outstanding, talented, devoted, and inspiring women. God was good when he brought us together!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwws :) When I read your title my stomach dropped a little thinking what was on that video-hoping the clip of me trying to do night at the Roxbury... Good good times. I miss you girls. Hope you had a good day,Love you! Sa

Andrea said...

Love to you too!! :) All the embarrassing stuff makes for the best memories! I'm thankful too. Sorry I missed you this weekend. Got caught up in things.

Kate D said...

I feel so honored to be mentioned already on Day 4! :) Love you, lady.