Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 18: The Commitment

There are a few tunnels that I have to drive through when I go to the mountains. The first one is really short and the second, the Eisenhower Tunnel, is super long. Driving through the Eisenhower always causes me to take a deep breath just as I enter. You can't see the other side, it's narrow, and to be quite honest, a little creepy. But there is no choice. You enter, drive 1.6 miles beneath the Continental Divide, and emerge into a whole new world.

It's a commitment.

Every time I drive through, it takes my breath away. I am reminded of how incredible this world really is. I absolutely love the mountains. They bring me peace. I am happy to "commit" any time.

And for this, I am thankful.

A beautiful day in the "neighborhood" 2/21/11

2 comments:

Kate D said...

Gorgeous! What a beautiful place you live in!

Meg Daniel said...

Thanks! Ah hem....there's FREE lodging any time you'd like! :)