Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Saturday, November 05, 2011

Day 272: Magic Music

I love that our kids are already falling in love with music. Both of them have incredible rhythm and great ears. But my favorite thing is that they actually have decent taste in music too.

They have a little bedtime mix that they listen to each night as they go to sleep made up of Jack Johnson, Dave Matthews Band, and Harry Connick Jr., to name a few. Sofia was instrumental in picking the songs, of course! As I pass by their door periodically in the evenings, it always makes me smile to hear such great songs soothing them to sleep.

But there is one magic song; a song that propels sleepiness to overcome their little bodies and calm down for slumber. This song can be played at ANY point during the day or night and Nico will instantly settle and smile. It's quite unbelievable, actually. The song is called Fireflies by Owl City. It's simple, sweet and the perfect tune to end the day.

I love that we have a magic song. And for this, I am thankful.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: