Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Day 276: Multiplicity

Today I am thankful for a number of things. Shall I begin?

  1. After a long night and lots of tests, my dad has been declared OK and has been released from the hospital. This is a huge relief and an answer to many prayers!
  2. Sofia has been sick for a few days. When she woke up this morning with a fever for the second day in a row, I panicked a little -- I could not afford to take the day off and Chris had already stayed home with her on Monday. I decided to pack up her backpack with her sleeping bag, a few books, her erasable writing tablet and my laptop for some Netflix streaming and we high tailed it to my classroom for the day. Sofia was SUCH a trooper and made herself a little comfy corner behind my desk where she enjoyed her special day as both a sickie and my helper. My students were outstanding with her and she returned their enthusiasm in kind. 
  3. I discovered today that my daughter has quite the quick wit. While sitting at my desk coloring while I taught, she stated very matter-of-factly (and loud enough for my entire class of 31 to hear): Excuse me Mommy...but students should not be talking when you are talking and they can only answer a question when you call on their hands that are in the air. Stinker. 
  4. This week, we actually planned out our meals before going grocery shopping. It has made the start to our week so simple and we've both been able to pitch in during the dinner-making process. Chris made the best burgers and sausages tonight. Accompanied with a side-salad and some hilarious dinner conversation, it was a fantastic dinner.
Today was better than yesterday on many levels. And for this, I am thankful.

No comments: