Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 281: Shrimpy

Long ago, my friend Kate and her family coined the word "shrimpy". Instead of asking someone if they are grumpy or crabby (which inevitably sends them into an even worse mood), ask them if they are shrimpy. It's totally lame and will make them laugh. I know you did just now! :)

We use "shrimpy" exclusively in our house and have for years... and it works like a charm. Every time. Including today when I was the master of all shrimpiness. I was standing in front of the refrigerator handing food to Chris as he called off ingrediants for the lunch recipe he was putting together. I was handing him items without thinking (or really listening, for that matter) and by about the 5th ingrediant, he caught on. With a quick wit he asked for the cocktail sauce. A split second later, I realized what he was doing as I turned around and he had a smirk on his face and the response, "goes great with shrimp!" to go with it.

And I laughed.

I am not perfect. I can be grumpy. I can be shrimpy. But, at the end of the day, I have a husband that I can laugh about it all with. And for this, I am thankful.

1 comment:

Chris said...

It works every time. 143 baby!