Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Thursday, December 08, 2011

Day 305: Hammer Time!

I find that as a teacher, one of the most annoying things about my job getting assignments turned in without a name on them. I mean, come on, take credit for the work you did people! So, as I went through the stack of no names on my most recent assignment trying to match up familiar handwriting, I came across what would be one of the best laughs I've had in a while.

TL2Q

This was all that was written in the upper left corner of the assignment. Huh? TL2Q? What the heck is that? I approached the student who I had guessed the paper belonged to. He immediately recognized it and, realizing that his returned paper meant he wouldn't have a missing score in the grade book, he very excitedly (and apologetically) accepted the sheet from me. 

"TL2Q? What's that mean?" I asked.
"Oh yeah, that" he smiled. "'Too legit to quit.' It's kind of my signature; my thing." 

I had to turn around right then and there to avoid cracking up in his face. All I could see in my mind was MC Hammer and his giant pants dancing across a stage calling, "Hammer Time!" 

Flashbacks and a great chuckle in the middle of the day...for this, I am thankful.

No comments: