Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Friday, December 16, 2011

Day 313: Now THAT'S Giving

I love my school and the people I work with. They are unique, brilliant and above all else, kind. This week, it came to the attention of my teammate that we had a staff member in need of some help. His mother is ill and living in Las Vegas and airfare on a moment's notice was simply outside the realm of financial possibility. Quietly, our staff collected over $450 to help this man, the man who helps takes care of all of us by fixing anything that needs it. He received the envelope of cash in the early afternoon and within just a few hours had a plane ticket and rental car booked.

Giving has never felt so good. And for this, I am thankful.

For a more detailed account of this story, head over to From The Sidelines, a blog hosted by my teammate. 

No comments: