Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day 312: Observations

I spent my evening observing an undergraduate methods class at Regis taught by my former teaching mentor. It was wonderful to see her in action after she had provided me with such sound advice so many times at the beginning of my career. Tonight was the last session of the semester and the last class before this group of students would be going off to student teach. They had so many questions, looked terrified and ready to take on the world all at the same time. With complete gracefulness, Margaret calmed each of them down and I watched the world lift from their shoulders before my very eyes. It was incredible.

It's a pretty powerful feeling to be in the presence of someone who is so skilled in her profession. I learned so much tonight and can't wait to begin working with college students of my own!

 And for this, I am thankful.

No comments: