Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Friday, December 23, 2011

Day 320: Santa's For Real


Sofia has really gotten into Santa, the North Pole, elves and all of the stories surrounding Christmas this year. She and Nico have taken to rearranging their Little People Nativity Scene almost daily and even brought Frosty in for a visit to Bethlehem. She's creative. We just go with it.

The funny part about Sofia's obsession with Santa and all his magic is that she wants nothing to do with him in person. This means no mall trips, no sitting on laps at holiday parties, no cute Christmas photos. Oh well! I'm not going to complain for missing out on standing in long lines each December at the mall.

But today, Sofia stopped me in my tracks. She walked into my bedroom as I was getting ready this morning and told me that she knew why Santa was real. When I asked her why, she responded, "Because he's magic. And, when you believe in magic, that means Santa is real. OH! And, I hear his bells on the reindeer!"

I love this child and I love her logic. I believe.
And for this, I am thankful.

No comments: