Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Monday, December 12, 2011

Day 309: This Makes It Easier

Tonight, I had the pleasure of singing at our church's Festival of Lights. The choir sounded fantastic, the kids' skit was hilarious and the overall experience was simply delightful. When the night was done, I began making the rounds of hugs and hellos to friends I hadn't seen in a while. I was reminded instantly why God puts certain people in our lives when I managed to catch up with my friend Kerry. She conveyed how much I had been missed in the choir and at services. I explained to her that we have simply been swamped with work, family and well, life.

She smiled and said one, simple thing: "This makes it easier" as she gestured to everyone around us.

She's right. When you don't live near family, your friends and church become your support network. It's time to dive back in and shift some priorities.

Tonight, I am thankful for you, Kerry.

No comments: