Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Friday, February 24, 2012

Ready, Set, Go...But Wait!

Today we had a late start...not because I was running late, but because the weather caused a delayed schedule at school. While students didn't have to arrive until an hour after school normally began, I still had to show up at my regular time. Boo.

I strapped the kids in the car at 6:30 and we made our way through the snow and ice very slowly. I was stressed about being late for work but realized that even if I was late, it was OK. There wouldn't be a room full of students waiting for me today. I had time.

I took a breath and concentrated on the drive. Once the road cleared, I even called and had a little morning chat with my 91-year-old grandma. It was the perfect way to slowly start the day.

And for this, I am thankful.

No comments: