Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Monday, February 06, 2012

Year 2 Starts With A Barf...err, Bang!

I'm going to be honest: the last 24 hours have been BRUTAL. Our kids are siiiiiiick. Thankfully, Nico was on the tail end of his stomach bug, but Sofia came roaring into the picture with full force AND a double ear infection. Chris and I had to divide and conquer in order to make it through night -- he on the couch with Sofia and the barf bowl and me in our room with a toddler who refused to sleep.

Around 3 a.m. I heard Chris shouting for me from the living room because he saw a shadow of something standing on the kitchen table dancing around. But it was no shadow...it was Nico! When I dozed off, he  escaped from our room and climbed up the chairs to create a stage our of the dinner table. Stinker! I quickly scooped him up and finally calmed him down enough to fall asleep for a few hours.

Sofia was a trooper all day. I haven't seen her this sick in a long time. She even fell asleep on the exam table at the doctor's office!

More than anything, I am glad that I have a partner during this crazy time. What essentially could have been World War III, was much more manageable thanks to teamwork. Being a parent is no easy task -- especially when kids are sick! I'm so thankful I don't have to do it alone. :)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

:(

I am hoping the kiddos are on the mend real soon!

I will say this, though... in the midst of everything, seeing Nico on your kitchen table in the middle of the night, dancing his little heart out - that had to have lightened things just a bit. If nothing else, it will in the days to come! Bless you guys!