Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Coffee for 20 Years

If I think hard about it, I've been having coffee with some of my friends for over 20 years now. Whoa. It's always taken on lots of different forms but it's always entailed a unique opportunity to connect to those I care about.

Now,  "coffee" looks like this: A half gallon of milk, a bag of miscellaneous breakfast groceries, and pajamas. That's all that is needed when you have been friends for over 20 years.

A 9 am doorbell welcomed Kate and Marissa -- two of my dearest friends in the entire world.  In a completely rare occurrence, our schedules lined up and that meant time for coffee and catching up.

My heart is full today after spending the morning with these ladies. Their friendship is one I will forever treasure. It always amazes me that time has no baring on where we are in our lives. We always pick right back up where we left off. It's like magic. It's easy. It's the truest of friendship. And I am beyond blessed to have these women in my life.

And for this, I am thankful.

No comments: