Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Mary Did You Know

I usually keep my iPod on the shuffle setting when I'm driving to work. I like a little mystery to start off my day. ;) Yesterday, just as I was pulling onto the highway, a recording of Mary Did You Know came across the speakers.  I had no idea this song had been saved as a voice memo on my phone and mixed itself in with my library of music.

I hadn't heard myself sing in a while so it felt funny to suddenly be surrounded by my own voice in the car. But I listened...

Music does something to me. It feeds me. It uplifts me. It brings back memories. This song, in particular, affected me deeply when I sang it. I remember feeling different than ever before as I told the story within the song. Hearing it yesterday, brought me back to that moment. Something told me that I needed to hear that song yesterday.

This morning, the song came across my iPod again. Weird. I found myself feeling the say way today as I did yesterday when I heard it. I arrived at work and was ready to take on the day with the faith that anything is possible; that I am not alone in anything that I do.

I believe that everything happens for a reason...and I feel compelled to share with you. Below, you can listen to my recording of Mary Did You Know.

Faith, kindness, love and music.
For this, I am thankful. 


No comments: