Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Saturday, December 05, 2015

Making Memories Stick

I slept in today. Like 10:15 slept in! I can't remember the last time I did that. Ah-mazing.

After a lazy cup of coffee and organizing a few items, we hit the road to go visit my sister and her husband in their new town. 

We've had so much fun today! Kristen and Penni just closed on a 1920's home just a few blocks from Lake Michigan. In their ever-DIY style, they found the perfect fixer-upper and have dove into renovating a really cool space. I am so excited for them!!

While Chris and Penni pounded away at crown molding, Kristen and I took the kids on a little St. Joe adventure: a visit to Kristen's new school, a ride through the lights on the bluff, and a pizza pickup from a hometown fav, Santonello's. 

I love being able be a part of these types of milestones in the lives of our family...even if it does mean eating pizza off of paper plates on the floor of a house in the middle of demo. Those are the type of memories that stick to the heart for a lifetime. :)

And for this, I am thankful. 





No comments: