Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Then and Now

I absolutely adore my sister. She's funny, bright, kind, giving, gorgeous, musical, artistic....the list goes on. She is truly one-of-a-kind. I mean, really...who else can own a nickname like "Pickles"?!?!

This picture cracks me up every year when I come across it at Christmas because it truly captures our relationship; then and now. :) Me: slightly dorky in my kilt and knee highs, braving weird Santa for my sister and posturing a thought. Kristen: adorable with her bouncy curls and likely holding my hand because she thinks she's  protecting me!


Being Kristen's big sister is such an honor. I am so proud of the woman she has become and the inspiration she spreads to countless young people (and us!) each and every day as an elementary principal. She simply is the best!

I will always hold her hand and wear the dorkier outfit...even when we're old and gray.

And for this, I am thankful.



No comments: