Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Monday, May 09, 2005

Tourists No More

Hello to all!

Everything continues to go smoothly as we transition into our new place. Last night, Kristen, Chris and I decided to go and explore the Denver nightlife. After hopping around a few different places, we ended up at The Celtic - a laid back Irish pub. There was a band playing some of the best covers we have ever heard of 60's, 70's, and 80's classics. The bar had a huge selection of beer on draft and a boisterous crowd to drink it all away. It was a lot of fun. We even met a really nice group of people who seemed genuinely interested in getting to know us. It was nice to feel so welcomed.

After having such a late night, the three of us decided that an hour trip up to the mountains may not be the best idea for Chris's last day of vacation. Thus, we spent the afternoon walking around the neighborhood and wandering in and out of the local shops to see what they have to offer. There is a huge population of artists in the area and so there are a ton of great little unique shops where one can find some of the most interesting items to decorate with or just laugh at for their complete weirdness. We also made a trip down the 6 blocks to the church we are hoping to begin attending. It is so beautiful and after meeting three of the ministers and a few members of the congregation, we felt right at home. We are going to check out one of the services next week and sit in on a small group meeting. They have a HUGE youth progam that they run, so Chris and I jumped at the opportunity to get involved with that.

I am still amazed at how I still feel like I can't ever quite get in enough oxygen. My sister and I started laughing histerically when I went up like 2 flights up stairs and was TOTALLY out of breath! I felt like I was 95 or something! They say it gets better with time. Is this an excuse to not work out? Hmmm...

Anyway, these eyes are getting sleepy and tomorrow is the last day that my sister is here. The weather is supposed to be beautiful once again - I think a few hours of laying out on the rooftop terrace may be in order! :) Chris starts his new job tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see how everything goes. We found out he is only 4.2 miles away from his office! How sweet is that?!?

I am still learning how to add photos into my posts, so I will try and get the pics of our new place and neighborhood up soon.

My very comfy bed is calling...

No comments: