Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Monday, August 08, 2011

Day 183: Oh Query Me

Argh. At the end of the school year, I had begun working on this crazy huge technology database for our school. Unfortunately, I did not have time to finish it before the last day and left it to work on over the summer. Earlier this week, I pulled out my flash drive to finish up the final details and...you guessed it...database corrupt. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING would open. 1463 records gone. Yes, gone.

I cried a little. Ok, I cried a lot.

So, this weekend, I have been working furiously on re-building this thing because when I walk into school tomorrow for training, I am officially a science teacher! This HAS to be off my plate...not just for the livelihood of my dear friends now running the tech department, but also for my own sanity.

It's 11:20pm on Sunday night and I'm almost done. Thank the Lord. I will forever be in awe of the power of the database but Macros will never be my friend.

Oh sweet bed, you are so close and I am about to feel a million pounds lighter! And for this, I am thankful!


1 comment:

Andrea said...

ah yes, macros...ugh. too, too much for a late sunday night :( Glad you got it to work out!!! Have a good first day back at being a science teacher...I'll be thinking of you! :)