Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Day 197: Coincidence? I think not!

In an attempt to quell my nerves tonight, I have been reading over previous posts. I was shocked when I got to May 30th and read about my excitement regarding Nico beginning to eat solid foods and how it meant we would actually be able to have family dinners together. Didn't I just write about how I was loving being able to eat as a family the other day?

My goodness. How quickly we can forget the small moments of excitement in our lives and lose sight of the big picture. Frankly, if it weren't for this blog, I would have forgotten all about my longing for a child that would eat "normal" food and evenings that we could sit together as a family. Instead, I would rushed my focus to the next step in Nico's little life. 

I'm glad I took the time to read previous posts tonight. It is abundantly clear now that God has a plan for me. Sometimes, it just a takes a little bit of patience and slowing down to see. 

I am no longer nervous about tomorrow and the days to come. And for this, I am thankful.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

thanks for this post. I now have some quieted nerves and realize I don't have to be perfect. They are kids after all, and that is why we do what we do.
Have a great first day!

Chris said...

You have so much talent and everything you do will change these kids lives in not just knowledge but also in they way they view life a=nd education. You do it so well and sometime the pbig picture is what we need to focus on. You rock!!