Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 249: Just Ask

Today I had some pretty open and honest conversations with my students about how they learn best. I have been doing quite a bit of research on the "flipped classroom" model -- allowing kids to do some of the learning at home and doing the "homework" during school. It's pretty incredible actually and caters to the idea that not all of us learn the best in a specific space during a specific time. Sometimes, pajamas, a hot chocolate and some soft music are what one needs to really be able to master a new concept. 

Frankly, it's quite incredible what kids will tell you when you just ask them. They are so much more insightful and reflective than we often give them credit for. We can definitely learn a lot from them if we open up our hearts and minds. 

And today, I did. And for this, I am thankful.

No comments: