Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day 263: Not So Snow Day

I love the snow. Thus, each October as bets are made by the local meteorologists on when the first snowfall will be, I'll be honest and say I get pretty excited. There's something about running to the window the morning of the first time it snows. Everything looks so cleans and fresh and soft. I just love it.

Today we had our first snow. And it was a REAL snow. None of this light dusting stuff that melts by 10 a.m. We got a solid 6" at our house. Perfect for snow angels and catching flakes on the tongue of a certain 5 year old. :)

There were flurries all day and into the evening. I was thankful that we got this storm while we are off of school but more thankful that I had some time to revel in the giddiness that comes with the year's first snowfall.

...and drink some hot chocolate too!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: