Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 253: My Dear Sofia, You're 5!

I will never forget the day our daughter was born. She has touched our lives in ways we never could have imagined every day since then. Sofia is kind, smart, sweet, beautiful, empathetic, courageous, thoughtful, loving, creative, funny and adventurous. Her spirit is contagious and it's all we can do to keep from squeezing her like crazy each day.

Today, we celebrated Sofia's 5th Birthday with our families via Skype and a few of her closest friends here at home. We decorated pumpkins, ate sloppy joes, decorated some more pumpkins, ate a ridiculous Dora the Explorer castle cake (decorated by Miss Sofia herself) and opened presents. She was insistent upon wearing her Rapunzel dress and for most of the afternoon, had the belt from my bathrobe tied into her hair so that it would be "long".

Sofia's smile was present from the minute she bounced into our bedroom at 7:30 to announce, "It's my birthday! Wake UP, Mom!" to the minute she closed her door to go to sleep tonight. This, of course, was followed by a quick run back out into the living room to ask when her next birthday is. She wasn't a fan of my response, "365 days."

Needless to say, it was the kind of day that I didn't want to end. My darling little girl is growing up and it is the most incredible honor to be a part of.

And for this, I am thankful.

Happy Birthday, Sofia! We love you SO much!

No comments: