Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Monday, November 02, 2015

#nerdalert a.k.a. Meghan Loves Google

honestly feel like the luckiest person in the room when leading a training. People come from all over the place -- all with different experiences, challenges, ideas, and stories -- and I am the one that gets to take all these moments in. I get to share them at the next location. I get to reflect upon my own practice as an educator and grow. I get to be the ultimate student from an incredible group of brave, innovative, and energetic educators. 

Today, marked my third anniversary at the MiGoogle conference. The first one I attended, nervous and not knowing a single soul. I decided to "invite myself over," as my mom's friend Nancy says in regards to networking. It was terrifying and sooooo not my style. It was at this conference, however, that I began the process of becoming a Google Certified Trainer and happened to meet just the right person for providing exposure throughout Mivhigan. Now, I lead Google trainings across the state and teach other educators how to become trainers themselves. 

I work with hundreds of people every year because of this side passion. It such an incredible honor to lead and learn with them all. 

I am one lucky Googly nerd. :)
And for this, I am thankful. 



No comments: