Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Monday, November 09, 2015

The 10/90 Rule

I found myself giggling tonight as I thought about how doing home projects can really serve as a metaphor for our lives. The big item that jumped out at me was how the last 10% of the work takes 90% of the time and effort. 

I spent nearly 2 hours just filling nail holes with wood putty tonight. While I was silently cursing myself for so dramatically encouraging this project from the beginning, it dawned on me: it's the details that matter. It's the finishing touches, smooth lines, and thrice overs that make the difference between just ok and awe inspiring. 

I'm glad to have a partner on this project and in life who appreciates attention to detail. This partnership is just kind of effort I am more than willing to invest my time in.

And for this, I am thankful.  

Attention to detail: Our "Ruler of Life" has been built into the frame of the closet cubby. :) More pics tomorrow!

No comments: