Meg's (Ad)Ventures

Monday, September 21, 2015

Cartwheels

All day today my body ached. It wasn't the the sick kind of ache...but the kind that makes you ask yourself over and over again why you're sore. (I may have even grunted when getting up from my desk chair at one point.)

All morning I wracked my brain working my way through all of yesterday's happenings. I didn't work out or even lift anything heavy. Not only was I feeling OLD because I was sore but now I was also exhibiting this magnificent lack of memory!

And then it hit me. Cartwheels.

I was walking down a hallway at work and giggling like I was 8 again as I remembered back to yesterday evening  when Sofia "double dog dared" me to do a one-handed cartwheel and then really show what I had by doing a round off. The sun was setting, Chris was cooking dinner, the air was cool, and my daughter and I played gymnastics in the backyard. Perfection.

I am so stinkin' sore today.

And for this, I am thankful.

No comments: